My Blue Umbrella can help you manage and optimize the purchase, deployment, maintenance, utilization, and disposal of software applications within your organization.
Information Technology (IT) costs are rising, as is the business and legal risk related to the ownership and use of software. Productivity is affected by companies trying to manage their licensing in-house, creating a resource draw that can adverse effects on the bottom line.
My Blue Umbrella works with its clients to implement a full-featured Software Asset Management program, focused specifically on balancing the number of software licenses purchased with the number of actual copies installed at our clients' location. In doing so, we can minimize liabilities associated with software piracy in the event of an audit by a software vendor or other third parties with an interest in our clients' deployment. My Blue Umbrella also conducts detailed software inventories on a periodic basis to determine the exact number of software installations, comparing this information with the number of licenses purchased, and establishing controls to ensure that proper licensing practices are maintained on an ongoing basis.
MBU's goals for Software License Management are:
- Reduce software and support costs by negotiating volume contract agreements and eliminating or reallocating underutilized software licenses
- Enforce compliance with corporate security policies and desktop standards
- Improve worker productivity by deploying the right kinds of technology more quickly and reliably
- Limit overhead associated with managing and supporting software by streamlining and/or automating IT processes (such as inventory tracking, software deployment, issue tracking, and patch management)
- Establish ongoing policies and procedures surrounding the acquisition, documentation, deployment, usage and retirement of software in an effort to recognize long-term benefits of Software License Management